- Welcome to the Entry Permit information page. The Legal Department of the Consulate General of Afghanistan in New York provides Entry Permit services to citizens of Afghanistan traveling to Afghanistan.
This service is for Afghans who were born outside Afghanistan and whose age is less than 18 years old.
On this page you will find information about entry permit requirements and entry permit application form. We encourage you to look over the directions, complete the form with the correct information, and return it to the Consulate General with the required documents.
- Afghans under 18 years old, holding passports other than an Afghan Passport, needs to apply for an Entry Permit.
- Afghans born in the United States, an entry permit may be issued from the Consulate, if requested.
- REQUIREMENTS ONLY FOR AFGHAN CITIZENS:
- One Entry Permit application form.
- Copy of United States Passport. (Must be valid for at least 3 months past the end of your trip.)
- Copy of United States Birth Certificate. (Only if you are born in the United States and your parent(s) is/are Afghan(s).)
- Copy of your Father's and Mother's Afghan Passport, or Tazkera (Afghanistan Identification Card).
- A $10 money order payable to the order of Afghan Consulate – New York
- Application could be submitted to the Consulate General of Afghanistan in New York in person or by mail if you are sending your application by mail please make sure you send all required document and a prepaid registered return envelope to send back your documents after it has been issued.
Processing time: 24 working hours, after a complete application is received
- Note: If the Power of Attorney is meant for the claims or counter claims at the courts, the Attorney should be a Licensed Lawyer or the Immediate Family (Ascendant/descendant or descendant of the same ascendance line) of the client.
Please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The Consulate General does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.