CERTIFICATE OF INHERITANCE
- 1. Appointment. Applicants MUST book an appointment online prior to coming to the Consulate General. Clients with no prior appointments will not be serviced. For booking an appointment please click on this link.
- 2. Visit In-person. The applicant(s) and ALL the witnesses MUST be present at the Consulate General on the date and time of the appointment along with the application form and required documents.
- 3. Application Form. Clients should fill the applications in Dari or Pashto carefully. Special attention to names, dates, figures and places are required. Forms can be downloaded from here
- 4. Required Documents and witnesses. Please read the information below carefully and prepare for your appointment accordingly. The following persons and documents MUST be present in the Consulate General during your appointment.
I). Inheritor(s) (Waris/Warasa): at least ONE inheritor (waris) MUST be present at the Consulate General at the time of appointment along with (1) one copy of his/her/their Tazkira or passport and (2) two recent photographs (size: 3x4 cm)
II). Testifiers (Iqrar Konendagan): THREE adult testifiers (Iqrar Konendagan) MUST accompany the Inheritor(s) at the Consulate General during the appointment along with (1) one copy of Tazkira or Afghan passports of each testifier; and (2) two recent photographs each (size: 3x4 cm) and (3) copies of US Resident Permit.
III). Witnesses: Two adult witnesses MUST also accompany the inheritor(s), with their (a) copies of Tazkira or Afghan passport; (2) copies of US Resident Permit ; (3) two recent photographs (size: 3x4 cm).
- 5. Fee. An applicant should pay 125.USD for ONE Certificate of Inheritance by money order to Post-Finance account
- Notes: For One Certificate of Inheritance at least SIX adults are required at the Consulate General (at least ONE Inheritor + THREE Testifiers + TWO Witnesses)
Please bring along all necessary documents and photographs at the time of your appointment. The Consulate General does not have printing and copying facilities for its clients.